Friday, July 9, 2010

USJ!!!!!! \(^0^)/

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS!!!!!!!!!! Today was the coolest day ever!! I went to Universal Studios in Osaka, Japan with Mei, Haruka, and my oneesan (sister) Shiori! On the way to USJ me and Shiori took this awesome train, but it was like all decked out with USJ type stuff on the outside, it was awesome and excited me even more xD

Like the Universal Studios here in America, we had to go through CityWalk first to get to the actual park. We took pictures with the woodpeckers at the entrance and then all of a sudden me and Mei both look up and there it is… a GIANT TAKOYAKI!!!!!! We started freaking out/getting really excited and I think Haruka and Shiori were scared xD

I’ll make a list of all the awesome-y rides me rode:

Spiderman- SUGOIII (cool)!!!! It was actually really intense. For some reason me and Mei had this mindset that all the rides here would be less intense then the ones back in America, but boy were we wrong, they were VERY (if not more) intense!!! Throughout this whole ride though I was laughing and crying at the same time because Mei’s scream was so funny. I thought it would be like this high pitched screech, but it was more like a low pitched baritone roar xD hahaha.

Back to the future- This one was a lot of fun too; it was pretty much the same as the one back home except there was a lot more smoke/the car jerked a WHOLE lot more. I couldn’t feel my neck and Shiori said she felt car sick. We all kind of wobbled out of the ride after it was over xD

We took a little break from the rides and got turkey legs (OIIISHIII [delicious]). They were twice as expensive (and twice at small) as the ones in America but they were like 94230482304830 x delicious so it was ok (^0^)b

JAWS- SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!!!!! >o<>

Hollywood Dream- This roller coaster was pretty cool (and it’s not in America) . You could pick what music you wanted to play while riding it. I wanted to pick this Eminem song but I was too slow and it automatically chose what sounded like the Japanese version of “Barbie girl”. It was intense haha

After that we took a picture with the Pink Panther!! I always love character pictures so I was super excited :D But it’s kind of funny because after I put my arm around him I was like “Wait a second…” and then I realized there was probably a really awkward/shy Japanese guy inside of the costume, so I hope I didn’t scar him. Because when everyone else took a picture of him they never touched him, just stood politely next to him with their peace signs up, I’ll have to remember that for next time…

Snoopy indoor roller coaster- IT HURT!!!!! And it was so narrow that me and Mei kind of just…fell inside of the cart xD The whole time I was like “AHHHH ITTAI!!! (it hurts)” haha

Waterworld- This was actually a show. First they splashed excess amounts of water on the crowd (me and Mei were in the no splash zone ;)) but it seemed like a bit of a waste, all those perfectly made up Japanese girls with full on make up and nice expensive clothes being dumped by gallons of water. It didn’t seem…right xD Oh and me and Mei noticed (actually around the whole park), that all of the non Japanese people working there were…blond. Japan is obsessed, it’s scary (;-__-) The show was actually about this lady who gets kidnapped, there was a lot fire/special effects too. It’s funny because in America when there is suspense or lots of action people are quiet but here the Japanese were all “OOH” and “AAH” ing and gasping, it was quite amusing/cute seeing all of their reactions xD Oh and at the end this random plane crashed in onto the set….they didn’t really explain how it was a part of the show, it was just a random plane. Random..

Space Adventure- AWESOME!!!!!! We actually rode this twice. It was that much fun!!! It was this really intense indoor roller coaster (if you’ve ever been to Disney world, it’s like space mountain on Japanese ecstasy). The first time we rode it me and Mei rode it backwards (which is why is was probably so intense) and bit spun around like a gazillion times in pitch darkness. It was pure awesomeness J

After all of these intense rides/long walking, we decided to get ice cream J At the Baskin Robbins in Japan they have this thing called “Challenge the Triple” where you can get a triple scoop ice cream cone. However, at USJ they turned it into “Catch the Dream”, pronounced , “Katchu ze durimu”. The ice cream was reaaaally good though.

After USJ we went on a bathroom adventure (it was my first time using a public bathroom so there was a lot of yelling between stalls at Mei:

Me: Meeeiiiiii

Mei: WHAT??

Me: how do you fluuush??

Mei: *sigh* do you see the little squiggly line??

Me: nooo…..

Mei: LOOK HARDER

Me: oh ok I see it!!

Mei: press that one!

Me: okaaay…..

*flush*

Me and Mei: *sigh of relief*

Hahahaha), then went to the takoyaki “museum” (wasn’t much though, just a bunch of takoyaki shops…), the jump store (pretty awesome, a whole store filled with shonen jump stuff ^0^), and then of course, Purikura!!!! ^^

Cool Universal Studios Train :D City Walk
GIANT (and very adorable) TAKOYAKI!!!
USJ entrance
Snoopy :)
Hello Kitty themed tickets...oh japan xD
Inside
Guy with giant Spiderman hand These sesame street hair bands xD
They were obsessed with sesame street there...don't ask me why xD

JAWS puppets (a lot less scary than the ride)
Me and the pink panther
Hello kitty of course :)
Frozen pineapple!! oishii~~

Waterworld show
Katchu-ing ze derimu!!! ^o^

Space mountain character hats. sugoi ne? ;)
All non-universal studios characters xD
Jumping picture!! It worked!!! and I look like a spaz...but it worked!! xD
Me and my sister
Shonen Jump Store
Entrance of takoyaki "musuem"
Takoyaki boat!
Scary purikura lady O_o
Jurassic park

0 comments:

Post a Comment