Thursday, February 11, 2010

Konnichiwa!!

Hi! My name is Jordan and I'm currently 16 years old and I go to school in Pennsylvania. I've always been interested in Japanese language and culture because of my numerous Japanese friends, and I've always wanted to go. At first I was looking into a program called "People to People", however that program is very expensive ($8000 for only 17 days! >.<). So I did a little more research and found a program called Youth for Understanding (YFU). 'They have a bunch of great scholarships, but I applied too late to get one :( However, I instantly fell in love with the concept of the program. Basically, you stay with a host Japanese family for 6 weeks and the cost is under $8000! :) So it took some convincing my parents, but I am going to try and figure out how to raise money... So long story short, I had my interview (nerve racking!! ><) and I'm going to send in my full application (plus the application fee) tomorrow. And then I play the waiting game, the hardest part :( But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get accepted! :)




1 comments:

Thompson said...

I've got a question about your Exchange blog list. Can you happen to email me?
eaterboy@gmail.com

Post a Comment